- What do I have to consider when purchasing a vServer?
To administer a vServer you need to know LINUX! If you are not familiar with LINUX we recommend you give the managment of your vServer to someone with technical knowledge. We do not offer support for vServers. We are solely responsible for maintenance.
- Which applications can I instally?
You can generally install any software on your vServer. After you choose your distribution you will be able to select from a list of applications. All other apps can later be added or deleted in your Power-Panel.
- I would like to test a server, is this possible?
We offer a 4 week test program. Please contact our support to find out about the details.
- Can I use other distributions than those that are preinstalled?
Our servers can only be used with the distributions we offer.
- Do you offer a webinterface to manage my vServer?
The following webinterfaces are available:
- ControlPanel: Manage your contact and billing informaiton, as well as your domain information,
in case you need to transfer a domain to use with your vServer
- Server-Panel: Manage your subscriptions and domains, install applications,
upgrade, vServer start and stop, traffic and server-stats
- Power-Panel: vServer start and stop, backup, new installation, reparation mode, monitoring
of resources (disk space, CPU, etc.)
- Plesk (if included in your distribution): server-administration software to manage
domain services (FTP, Mail, etc.)
You will receive all needed links and login information per email after you place your order.
- I already have a domain with a different provider. Do I have to transfer to emerion in order to user your vServer?
No, you can use our vServers with an external domain. You just have to add the vServer's IP-address as web or mailserver of your domain, or simply us our nameservers.
- I have a domain with emerion. Can I use it with my vServer?
You can either transfer your domain to the vServer system or use your domain as a domain parking and add your vServer's IP-address as web or mail server.
- Can I up or downgrade my vServer?
You can always upgrade to a bigger vServer simply using your ControlPanel. However, it is not possible o downgrade to a smaller vServer.
- I don't need my vServer anymore. How can I cancel it?
You have to request a cancellation in your Server Panel. We then determine the time of cancelation in regards to your term of service.